- "When this is all over, will you come back to this ocean with me?"
- —Celine Jules
Star Ocean: The Second Story/Second Evolution
- "A princess symbologist who enjoys treasure hunting, she chooses money and training over romance. She likes revealing clothes but her sense of style is rather eccentric."
- —STAR OCEAN: Second Departure Official Website.
You first meet Celine in Krosse after a scene, and she will join your party temporarily to Krosse Cave. After finding the Ancient Writings key item and leaving Krosse Cave, she will offer to join your party permanently. In a private action is triggered when Celine is NOT in your party, but Bowman is, the two will reveal that they were once supposed to be married. She is a symbologist of Marze, vowing to wear the appropriate clothing due to her honor. She has a role in the Marze arc of the story. She is a treasure hunter who is always ready for an adventure. She is also a strong symbology user, mostly specializing in attack spells. In many of her endings, she is seen treasure hunting, adventuring or trying to find a man. In Rena's scenario, she can have a special ending with a man named Chris (Clyde in Second Evolution), who is secretly Prince Clauzer of Krosse. The two can marry.
Star Ocean: Blue Sphere
Immediantly after the inital storyline, Celine continues to wander Expel as a heraldic mage, and makes a name for herse lf.
She becomes quite well known for her ability to solve problems others around her have, as well as becoming a center of gossip between her and the Prince of Krosse, Chris. However, the relationship between her and Chris has not grown any stronger since she first left.
When Precis sends her the SOS, Celine immediantly joins on, happy to have some rest from helping other people, as she is worn out from solving everyone elses problems.
Sometime after the events on Energy Nede, Celine sets about researching Healing Symbology with Rena, hoping to one day unlock its secrets and spread the healing abilities throughout Expel. She was eventually successful, as hundreds of years later, Expellians with strong Nedian ancestry are known for their impressive abilities utilizing healing symbols.
Celine is shrewd, calculating, restless, and has a need for adventure. As she grows older, she fears that she will never find a boyfriend as she is too deeply immersed in her work as a treasure hunter. She is skilled in treasure hunting and symbology--particularly of the Fire, Light, Star, Thunder, and Vacuum elements. She likes beautiful jewels, fashionable clothing, and expensive cosmetics and her taste in guys is a big, brawny guy she can depend on. Consequently, she dislikes effeminate men.
- "I mean, having you and your Symbology on our side... I figured that could really help us out."
- —Rena Lanford to Celine, attempting to recruit her into the party of the Hero of Light.
Celine is skilled in offensive Symbology that primarily revolves around the Fire, Wind, and Light elements, with a few buff and debuff spells mixed in, and uses rods as weapons. She can also equip mage robes and special wizard hats. Being the only female attack-specialized mage, there is a number of earring accessories that only Celine can equip.
She has the second highest INT growth in the game, after Leon, however also has the lowest defensive stats, being very fragile, and the lowest AGI in the game.
|Name||MP Cost||Level/Item Learned|
|Thunder (Thunder Bolt)||4||0|
|Laser Beams (Ray)||10||9|
|Forget||10||15 (The Second Story only)|
|Reflection||8||19 (The Second Story only)|
|Mental Drain (Mind Absorber)||1||22|
|Meteor Swarm||82||Meteor Swarm|
The Metor Swarm item can be found at the Maze of Tribulations.
- Celine's favorite instrument is the Violin (shared with Leon), while her favorite food is Baby Rabbit Risotto, much to the other characters' surprise.
- In Second Evolution, this food has been renamed to Rabbit Risotto.
- Celine is one of three characters with their own "special" ending (the other two being Ashton and Opera). To get this ending, you have to have chosen Rena as your main character and must participate in a series of PA's in Krosse involving Celine and a man named Chris/Clyde.
- Celine is one of three characters who can have all talents (the others are Leon and Noel); however, she is also the only character in the game who has only one shot at having a specific talent (in her case, Love of Animals). By this, it means that if she does not start with Love of Animals (which she has a 10% chance of starting with it), she can never develop it.
- Celine, Noel, and Chisato are the only characters in Star Ocean: The Second Story not to bar recruitment to another character. In Second Evolution, Welch is another character that falls under these conditions.
- Celine's last Heraldric spell is found in the Cave of Trials.
- She has two endings with Ernest.
- Celine is often seen inside inns during PA's.
- In Star Ocean EX, Celine is shown to have an intense fear of bugs.
- She is the character whose appearance and clothes changed the most from Second Story/Evolution to Blue Sphere.
- Celine shares both of her voices with two other party members; she shares her Japanese voice with Leon, while her English voice actress is the same as Precis'.
- This parallels Noel who also has shared voice actors in both languages with other party members.
|Star Ocean: Blue Sphere|
|Earth - Edifice|
|Earthling - Edifian - Expelian - Fellpool - Nedian - Tetrageniot|
|Enemies - Items - Locations - Special Arts - Symbology|