- "She's a young woman ready for anything. Well well ♪ What's to do today?"
- —Portrait L.
Star Ocean: The Second Story/Star Ocean: Second EvolutionEdit
- "A devoted rookie reporter of a newspaper company, who despite having careless tendencies believes that uncovering and reporting the truth is her calling. She is a practitioner of jujitsu, and thus an expert at combat, her skills demonstrate full mastership. She encounters Claude and the others while chasing a certain story and decides to join them."
- —STAR OCEAN:Second Evolution Official Website.
Chisato is a reporter for the Nede Times who loves getting into the action, a quality that oftentimes makes her reckless. During your journey on Energy Nede, you will spot her sneaking around, and in the Cave of Crimson Crystals, she drops her ID Card during a scene. After clearing the dungeon and picking up the lost ID Card, head to Centropolis and talk to her. You will then be given the option to recruit her. She lived in North City, with her family who is implied to own the Blue Flask item shop. During a private action, she can be found in her room sorting through her accessories, finding one labeled "Ashton Anchors", which disturbs her greatly. She nevers takes center stage, usually speaking in private actions or in random events. During her ending, she is living on Expel.
Star Ocean: Blue SphereEdit
Immediantly after the main storyline, Chisato and Noel now find themselves homeless, and on Expel. They decide they have to live there, but both have seperate difficulties adjusting. Chisato is upset by the primitive nature of Expel, mostly with their lack of a mass communication system. She decides she will do her best to set one up on Expel, as well as continue her journalism. Because of her journalism, she travels to many uncivilized areas of Expel, fighting against monsters there, and improving her fighting skills.
Chisato continues her writing until Precis contacts her about Opera and Ernest's SOS message. She immediantly comes to their aid, ready for adventure.
Chisato is a very versatile character. She has the highest movement speed in the game, strikes quite fast, and have a variety of elemental based Special Arts, all of them specialize in striking the enemy multiple times to rack up damage and stun them. Though it looks like Chisato fights mainly with her hands and feet, the weapons she uses are tasers. This doesn't mean, however, that all her weapons are given a thunder attribute.
|Name||MP Cost||Level/Item Learned||Top Proficiency|
|Roaring Cartwheel (Twister)||5||0||240|
|Gale Somersault (Whirlwind)||12||0||200|
|100,000 Volts (10,000 Volts)||15||44||200|
|Missile Strike (Preparation)||16||76||240|
- Chisato actually does have a favorite food, the Fruit Sandwich. It was never programmed into The Second Story though, making it only available if you cheat. In Second Evolution, fortunately, the food was successfully programmed into the game.
- Chisato's favorite instrument is the Organ.
- Chisato and Noel can both be recruited although some players will have 7 party members forcing the choice between these 2. She is one of the three characters in The Second Story not to bar recruitment to other characters; in Second Evolution she is one of 4.
- Chisato has surprisingly low starting STR and CON stats for a melee fighter. She does, however, make up for it by having the highest starting DEX stat of all characters in the game.
- Both Chisato and Noel are excluded from the Star Ocean EX manga.
- If the player achieves Noel and Chisato's ending, it is revealed that them and Rena are the final pureblood Nedians left alive.
|Star Ocean: Blue Sphere|
|Earth - Edifice|
|Earthling - Edifian - Expelian - Fellpool - Nedian - Tetrageniot|
|Enemies - Items - Locations - Special Arts - Symbology|