Beneath his boorish manner, Cyuss is a "friendly rival" type of character who recognizes Roddick's potential. Due to a spat he had with his father Lias prior to the story, he travels the world in the hopes of becoming stronger so he can face his father once again, to show that he has changed.
Star Ocean: Fantastic Space Odyssey/First Departure
Cyuss is first encountered in Haute, when he warns Roddick and Ilia that the swords they are buying are cheap imitations. After he runs off, the two find him in the local shops, taking on the delivery job they had their eyes on. Cyuss says he'll tag along with the two of them to help in the delivery, and they go to Portmith to get the item.
Go to Haute, go into the item shop, talk with the item shop owner, Badam, about the quest. He accepts your offer but Roddick has to get a weapon. So run to the bottom part of Haute and talk to the "Weapon Master"Say you would like to buy the sword for 20 fol, and Cyuss will come rushing to whack the master up. Go back to the item store, and there will be more discussion. Endpoint is Cyuss joins the party temporarily. Go across Mt Meteorx, to Portmith, get the goods from the weapon shop in Portmith, and return to Haute. once the quest ends, you will get the option to keep Cyuss or not.
There are three options:
- Ask him to join you.
- Ask him about the treasure (after which you still have to make a choice).
- Say good day and goodbye to him (he won't join).
If you get him you can't get:
- Phia, in the early game (you can get her later, in the game).
Cyuss is well versed in the ways of the sword. Much like Ashlay, many of his Special Arts are shared with Roddick. Many of his weapons are elemental based, which is both a vantage and a disadvantage depending on the situation.
|Name||MP Cost||Level/SFT Learned|
|Omega Firestorm Blade||17||(Firestorm Blade + Omega SFT)|
|Omega Thunderclap Blade||22||(Thunderclap Blade + Omega SFT)|
|Omega Double Slash||24||(Double Slash + Omega SFT)|
|Tortoise Surge||35||(Spirit Strike + Four Beasts SFT)|
|Tiger Surge||27||(Shockwave Swirl + Four Beasts SFT)|
|Dragon Surge||27||(Lightray Blade + Four Beasts SFT)|
Star Ocean Anamnesis
Availability: Gacha Permanent
Role: Defender ACE 5☆ to 6☆
- Self Taught Swordsmanship - ATK -15% & DEF -20% after using Spirit Strike (Target Enemy 10 seconds)
- Broadminded - ATK Damage received -15% when distance to target is Short (All Allies)
- Father inherited Strong Arms - Will not flinch to damage under 25% of Max HP (All Allies) / Single Target Damage +20% (All Allies)
- Wandering Swordsman - ATK +20% (Self) / HP +30% (Self)
Rush Combo: Dragon Surge - AP Consumption -40% (Self 20 seconds) / Single Target Damage +50% (Self 20 seconds) Power: ATK x 4,500% Max Hit Count: 6
- Firestorm Blade 18 AP - Power: ATK x 250% Max Hit Count: 4 Element: Fire
- Spirit Strike 16 AP - Power: ATK x 190% Max Hit Count: 1
- Double Slash (Sturdy) 29 AP - Power: ATK x 580% Max Hit Count: 5
- Double Slash (Vortex) 32 AP - Power: ATK x 680% Max Hit Count: 10
LB 10 Level 70 Status:
- HP: 26,754
- ATK: 3,024
- INT: 1,510
- DEF: 2,546
- HIT: 819
- If the player recruits Cyuss, it becomes impossible to recruit Ashlay Bernbeldt and, by an indirect extension, Erys Jerand.
- In the PSP version only, if Cyuss has a high enough affection rating for Roddick, Cyuss will challenge you to one final duel before he jumps back into the Time Gate at the end. Winning or losing changes nothing except the dialogue.
- Cyuss is one of two characters whose favorite food (in his case, Tropical Melody) requires a character age 20 or older to make (the other being Ilia).
- His Japanese voice actor, Hiroki Touchi, is a regular in the series, voicing a playable character in every entry to date.