- "You do realize that this is completely meaningless. Reisistance is futile! I think we'll need to teach you that no matter how much you worms wiggle, your still nothing, but worms in the end."
- —Haniel before battling the party
Haniel is first met in Eluria Tower along with the other Wise Men. He taunts the heroes before the clash of Energy Nede with Expel, and is only seen a second time at Phynal, where he fights the heroes alongside Michael.
- Main article: Haniel (Boss)
Haniel is fought alongside Michael at Phynal. Both are considered one of the hardest battles in the entire game. His main attacks consist of physical attacks that dish out major damage, the Tractor Beam spell which he uses on occasion, and an energy beam attack that has a chance of Petrifying the victim. In spite of all this, Michael is still the greatest hassle of this battle, and should be taken out first. He has 170,000 HP with MP of 250 and even more so in stronger modes.
- His spells are Tractor Beam, Blood Scylla, Mental Drain, Antidote and Heal
- In the PSP remake the spell Antidote was removed from his spell list possibly given the fact that the wisemen are immune to status conditions so it's useless.