- "Now all I need to do is kill Gabriel, and then the universe would be mine alone. The bug-ridden reject is hardly a match for the great Lucifer!"
- —Lucifer after learning about the other eight Wise Men's defeats.
Star Ocean: The Second Story/Second Evolution
Lucifer is first met atop Eluria Tower, along with the other Wise Men, on the Expellian continent of El although he does not yet engage the party in combat. He is later encounted by the party again during the first assault on Phynal, where acting as Gabriel's right hand is involved with the attack and subsequent destruction of the Pangalactic Federation vessel Calnus.
During the second assault on Phynal by the party, Lucifer is finally faced off against in mortal combat. During this encounter which takes place following the deaths of the first eight Wise Men under his command, Lucifer reveals that he is the only member of the Wise Men who was against destroying the Universe, which is perhaps due to the fact that he was originally meant to be the commander of the Ten Wise Men prior to the events which caused the creator of the Ten Wise Men, Dr. Lantis , to became Gabriel. In fact, Lucifer had even planned to kill Gabriel and the rest Wise Men who supported his plan, and thanks the party for defeating the other Wise Men for him. He then engages with the party in combat and is defeated by their combined efforts.
Lucifer has silvery-white hair, wears mostly black with some red, and has sharp cold blue eyes. He is considered the most beautiful of the Wise Men.
Because he doesn't show up often in-game, his actual personality is hard to pinpoint. However, judging from the scenes he does show up in, he is ambitious, arrogant, cold, and cruel.
- Battling against Lucifer is possibly one of the tougher Ten Wise Men fights, as he is a fast spellcaster with high magic power.He has 300,000 HP and 3100 MP on earth mode even more so on the stronger modes, he has the power to teleport throughout the battlefield but he does it somewhat slow so it is possible to simply knock him out of it. He has a strong lighting attack that even on earth mode can take over thousands of damage without wind resistance items. His most devastating attack, Winds of Destruction, has a high chance of wiping out three-fourths, if not your entire party he uses this throughout the battle usually as the first part of the battle. Sadly he can't be knocked out of it as all attacks and spells start to take 0 damage upon the move's title appearing on the screen.
- His spells are Word of Death, Shadow Flare, Light Cross, Shadow Bolt, and Fairy Heal. He seldom uses anything except Word of Death if he uses spells at all.
- In the PSP remake Fairy Heal (Faerie Healing) was removed from his spell list for unknown reasons.