Why does this have to be my fate?
Mavelle at first seems distant, solemn, and bent only on revenge, but she eventually manages to have a normal communication with others. When in Ioshua's presence, she seems rather uncomfortable as she is afraid to tell him that she is not who she seems....
Star Ocean: Fantastic Space Odyssey/First Departure
Mavelle is a beautiful and mysterious woman whose path crossed with Millie and Ronyx when they arrived to 46 SD Roak. She first meets the party when they arrive to the town of Ionis, and tells them of her story: She had been attacked and captured by the Crimson Shield, who killed her family and sold her to an assassin guild. After this, the player can opt to recruit her or not.
In case Mavelle and Ioshua are recruited, the player will see a major scene at the Old Race Ruins. Here the player will find out that Mavelle is actually Erys Jerand, Ioshua's sister, who had exchanged her body for the body of a Muah female, in order to seek revenge from the Crimson Shield. She will then join her original, frozen body and shatter it along the icicle she resides in, killing herself. However, in First Departure, if you have Ashlay in the party in addition to Ioshua and Mavelle, Mavelle becomes Erys once again.
In order to recruit her, you must have either Ashlay or Ioshua or BOTH in your party. After the party reunites and a night of drinking, she will join automatically.
Mavelle will not join if:
- You did not recruit Ioshua.
- You did not recruit Ashlay.
If you recruit Mavelle, and she is your 7th character, you cannot get:
- Phia, late-game.
NOTE: Mavelle is absolutely necessary to get Erys.
|Name||MP Cost||Level/SFT Learned|
|Southern Cross||28||(Flare Orb + Omega SFT)|
|Seventh Star||40||(Hail Orb + Omega SFT)|
|Galaxy||50||(Thunder Orb + Omega SFT)|
Star Ocean: Anamnesis
Availability: Gacha Permanent
Role: Caster ACE 5☆ to 6☆
- Cruel Fate - INT +40% (Self)
- Hardships of Vengeance - AP Consumption +100% & Ice Skill Damage +300% when Hail Orb is used (Self 20 seconds)
- Light of Atonement - AP Recovery Speed +100% when Shiny Lancer (Midair) is used (Self 20 seconds)
- Ancient Arcance - AP Recovery Speed +30% (All Allies) & Will not flinch when casting Symbology (Self)
Rush Combo: Seventh Star - INT Damage +50% (Self 20 seconds) Power: INT x 4,000% Max Hit Count: 8 Element: Ice
- Hail Orb 30 AP - Power: INT x 230% Max Hit Count: 2 Element: Ice
- Shiny Lancer (Midair) 20 AP - Power: INT x 200% Max Hit Count: 8 Element: Light
- Aurora Rings 35 AP - Power: INT x 460% Max Hit Count: 5 Element: Light
- Freezing Impact (Connection) 45 AP - Power: 740% Max Hit Count: 2 Element: Ice
LB 10 Level 70 Status:
- HP: 12,390
- ATK: 1,563
- INT: 3,805
- DEF: 1,339
- HIT: 1,043
- GRD: 840
Mavelle is able to equip orbs and cloth armor.
As you use different skills with Mavelle, she will gain the following talents:
|Name||Learned When Using|
|Nimble Fingers||Crafting, Machinist|
|Design Sense||Art, Machinist|
|Love of Animals||Familiar|
|Blessing of Mana||Alchemy|
- Mavelle automatically joins the party if you have recruited Ioshua. If you recruited Ashlay without Ioshua, or if you do not have either Cyuss, Ashlay, Ioshua or Phia Melle, you can choose to let her join or not. If you have just Cyuss, she will not join.
- Mavelle is one of the two characters in the game capable of acquiring all talents (the other being Millie).
- In a private action in Silvalant with Erys, it is hinted that Mavelle is more than just a vessel, rather having both her own mind and Erys's while Erys's soul inhabited her body. It is even hinted that Mavelle had a real name, even though the player never learns what it is.
- Mavelle is the only protagonist, unable to use symbology, to be able to learn the Blessing of Mana talent, which also may allude to the fact that she is really Erys.