- "He's a zoologist with bush hair and puny muscles. Hope that's OK..."
- —Portrait K
Star Ocean: The Second Story/EvolutionEdit
- "A zoologist who works as the caretaker of a wildlife refuge, Noel is an affectionate young man who never loses his smile. He puts not only animals, but also the people around him at ease. He finds himself concerned over his appearance, which differs from those around him. He meets Claude and the others at the refuge, and decides to journey with them for the sake of the animals as well."
- —STAR OCEAN:Second Evolution.
Noel is a Nedian who is in charge of the Psynard reserve. He wishes to atone for his previous affiliation with the Ten Wise Men. At the end of the game, he is seen living on the newly resurrected Expel taking care of wildlife as he did in Nede.
Star Ocean: Blue SphereEdit
Immediantly after the main storyline, Chisato and Noel now find themselves homeless, and on Expel. They decide they have to live there, but both have seperate difficulties adjusting. Noel is initially frustrated with the destruction of his home, and can't seem to find a place for himself in Expel. Eventually, Noel realizes that Expel is actually perfect for him. While Nede was a dying land, no longer evolving and growing, Expel is still lush with greenery, animals, and people. He eventually comes to terms with Expel, considering it a personal paradise, and goes about discovering new species, and exploring the land.
When Precis contacts Noel about the SOS message from Opera and Ernest, Noel is a bit hard-pressed to leave his paradise. Noel, however, quickly realizes what he needs to do, and joins with Precis and their friends.
Noel's weapons are knuckles, much like Rena, but despite being mainly a Symbologist, Noel can equip armor worn by melee characters. However, just like Rena, he is not a primary fighter and much rather relies on his wide range of healing and Wind and Earth-elemental Symbology. Noel could be considered a jack-of-all-trades, being a little versatile on every aspect, but not excelling in any.
|Name||MP Cost||Level/Item Learned|
|Mental Drain (Mind Absorber)||1||Default|
|Sonic Saber||11||Default (The Second Story only)|
|Crushing Earth (Earth Grave)||16||Default|
|Blood Scylla (Blood Sucker)||12||49|
|Fohn Wind (Foehn)||25||52|
|Faerie Healing (Fairy Heal)||30||55|
|Cure Condition (Dispel)||24||60|
|Faerie Light (Fairy Light)||40||77|
|Stone Rain (Earthquake)||65||82|
- Noel's favorite instrument is the Illusive Shamisen.
- Noel's favorite food is Big Tuna.
- In Second Evolution only, if you somehow have 8 members before reaching Energy Nede (example, if you recruited Welch, Celine, Dias or Leon, Precis or Bowman, Opera, and Ernest), Noel will accompany your party as an NPC throughout the Cave of Crimson Crystals since all your party slots are full.
- Noel's sprite in The Second Story was a Fellpool sprite like Leon, yet he was listed as a Nedian. This might mean that the creators of The Second Story meant for Noel to originally be a Fellpool. However, if you go by speculations such as this, it should imply that by their sprites ears they were both lesser Fellpool, which are not as rationally developed as modern Fellpool.
- Noel is one of three characters capable of acquiring all talents (the others are Leon and Celine, the latter of which can only truly obtain all talents under certain conditions).
- Noel, like Celine and Chisato and later Welch, does not bar recruitment from any character, despite popular belief. Chisato and Noel can both be recruited although most players will have 7 party members forcing the choice between these 2.
- Noel's name backwards is ironically Leon.
- In Second Evolution, Noel's spellcasting sprite has been slightly altered. While in Second Story he would swing his arms up and down the entire time he casts a spell, in Second Evolution, he lifts them in the air, and they remain there until the spell is completed.
- An Expellien NPC encountered early in the third game not only has a face identical to Noel's, but an innate ability to use healing symbology.
|Star Ocean: Blue Sphere|
|Earth - Edifice|
|Earthling - Edifian - Expelian - Fellpool - Nedian - Tetrageniot|
|Enemies - Items - Locations - Special Arts - Symbology|