- "The daughter of a noble family from Tetragenesis, a planet in the Galactic Federation, she came to Expel chasing Ernest. Though she has haughty tendencies befitting her station, she is single-minded and passionate. Claude and the others come across her during her search for Ernest, and decide to give the troubled lady an hand."
- —Star Ocean: Second Evolution Official Website.
- "Its easier to become a survivor if you're living in a dangerous world."
- —Opera in Private Action in Lacuer
Star Ocean: The Second Story/Second EvolutionEdit
The party first find Opera in a bar at Hilton, where she is asking for information about a man with three eyes. When Claude tells her they saw a man like that at Krosse, she introduces herself, only to run off.
The party then go back to Krosse and ask the king about Opera. The king recalls being visited by her, and tells the party she went off to the Krosse Mountain Palace. He then gives the party permission to go there and help her out. They eventually find Opera, and Claude takes her aside saying he obviously knows she's an alien. Wondering what she's doing on an underdeveloped planet, Opera reveals that her boyfriend Ernest is somewhere on Expel, and that she's looking for him. Claude agrees to help Opera find Ernest. Further into the palace, they find where Ernest has been living, but no sign of Ernest. The party leave the palace in search of him.
Back in the Sacred Forest, Opera shows Claude her crashed spaceship and explains that she too is trapped on Expel.
After the events at the Hoffman Ruins, the party finds a man possessed by a ghost outside. Opera instantly recognizes the man as Ernest, but before they can do anything, the ghost attacks. After defeating the ghost, Ernest comes back to his senses, and Opera is glad that they are reunited. While she no longer has any reason to travel with the party, Claude convinces her and Ernest to still travel with the party.
Star Ocean: Blue SphereEdit
Immediantly after the initial storyline, Opera and Ernest go off to explore uncharted planets, and their ruins. Upon arrival to the Planet Edifice, their ship is pulled into the planet's atmosphere, and crash lands. Opera and Ernest immediantly send out an SOS signal to Precis back on Earth, but decide to explore the area while they wait. Because of Ernest's love of archeology, and Opera wanting to be close to him, they wander off too far, and are missing when Precis and their friends arrive on Edifice.
Aristocratic, Opera enjoys shopping though she has an adventurous side, but she even does battle in a regal dress. She likes handling projectile weapons, particularly guns and firearms, as well as operating and repairing vehicles; the Tetrageniot dislikes compromising and macho men but likes men that are cool, intelligent, and sexy.
- "With screeching flashes and rumbling blasts, all who oppose her are felled to open the way."
- —Portrait I
Opera is a unique character, in which she can hit enemies out of the air without jumping. She has strong attacks, and can even create her last 3 Killer Moves with the Machinary skill.
Opera uses a weapon that is known as the Kaleidoscope Ray Gun. You must find special ammunition for this weapon. Opera can use medium-weighted armor, and much like Precis, can create her own speciality items for battle.
|Name||MP Cost||Level/Item Learned||Top Proficiency|
|Tracking Plasma (Alpha On One)||23||24||440|
|Dispersion Ray (Spread Ray)||16||34||540|
|Blizzard Swirl (Cold Wind)||25||41||300|
|Gravitational Sphere (Gravity Shell)||20||54||NA|
|Electric Shockwave (Lightning Blade)||20||69||200|
|Refraction Beam (Laser Bit)||8||Black Upgrade||300|
|Healing Star||9||White Upgrade||NA|
- If Opera is recruited, it becomes impossible to recruit Ashton Anchors.
- You need Opera to recruit Ernest. To do so, carry out a Private Action in Arlia where Opera mentions that her ship crashed in the Sacred Forest. Then, with all members back in the party, enter Sacred Forest and examine the ship. Ernest will then offer to join after the events in the Hoffman Ruins. Note that if you turn Ernest down at that point, Opera will leave with him.
- Opera's favorite instrument is the Piano.
- Opera's favorite foods are Apple Cider (on Second Story) and Lime Cooler (on Second Evolution).
- Opera is one of three characters who has a "special" ending (the other two being Celine and Ashton). To get her special ending, you must not see the PA that leads to you recruiting Ernest.
- It is said in the Claude/Opera ending that Claude is "heir to the head of the Vectras", meaning that Opera's family is one of the four noble houses. Thus, she is considered royalty on her planet. In fact, an NPC in SO3 refers to the Vectras as the suzerain house, meaning Opera's family has control over the other three houses.
- Opera has a younger sister named Opal, who is identical, except for having brown hair instead of blond. Opal shares her sister's obsession with Ernest.
- Three of Opera's techniques require creating certain items through Machinist to obtain (in particular, the techs "Healing Star", "Hyperlauncher" and "Refraction Beam" require the White, Green, and Black Upgrades, respectively). The only other character who has to do this is Precis.
- In Star Ocean EX, she wears a perfume called "Aphrodite," which is said to help the wearer find true love.
|Star Ocean: Blue Sphere|
|Earth - Edifice|
|Earthling - Edifian - Expelian - Fellpool - Nedian - Tetrageniot|
|Enemies - Items - Locations - Special Arts - Symbology|