Star Ocean: Anamnesis is a mobile phone game developed by tri-Ace. It was created in celebration of the Star Ocean series' twentieth anniversary, and features characters from all previous titles in the franchise, as well as music from series composer Motoi Sakuraba. It was released in Japan on December 7, 2016 and in North America on July 10, 2018.
It features full 3D real-time action battles with HD graphics. In addition, this is the first Star Ocean game with a fully featured 4-player multiplayer. Characters are divided into five defined roles: Attacker, Defender, Sharpshooter, Invoker, and Healer. Each role has its particular advantages and disadvantages, but party combinations are near-limitless.
Set in Space Date 539 (A.D 2625), the player controls the captain of the Pangalactic Federation starship GFSS-3214F, which was exploring deep space following the events of Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness two years earlier. After a surprise attack by pirates, the entire crew jettison the vessel in escape pods while the captain stays on board with only the AI robot Coro. Making the decision to activate the ship's hyperspace drive, the warp fails and ends up sending them to a distant region of space outside the Federation's borders. While investigating a seemingly barren planet, they happen upon a mysterious women being chased by a monster. The woman, named Evelysse, uses a powerful form of Symbology magic that allows her to summon warriors from throughout time, and manages to escape with the aid of her time-warped allies. After she joins the captain back on the ship, the course is set to return home to the incredibly distant Earth
- Main article: List of characters in Star Ocean: Anamnesis
The main characters of Star Ocean: Anamnesis are the player themselves and Evelysse. Characters from previous Star Ocean games appear in the game with HD models and designs illustrated by several artists.
- Protagonist - The player themselves. The captain of the pangalactic federation starship GFSS-3214F.
- Evelysse - A mysterious woman found on a uninhabited planet, who wields a mysterious type of symbology allowing her to summon warriors from different timelines.
- Coro - An AI robot in charge of all operations aboard the GFSS-3214F.
- Verda Clayman
- Tika Blunche - A girl the Captain meets during their journey to return to earth. Her parents go missing when caught in an accident. Makes her appearance in -Twin Eclipse-.
- Yrian Luxter - A young man met in the planet Daftine, joining the search for Tika's parents. The fifth son of an aristrocrat. Makes his appearance in -Twin Eclipse-.
- Masked Man - A mysterious man met on the planet Daftine, joining the search for Tika's parents. The team is not sure if he is friend or foe. Makes his appearance in -Twin Eclipse-.
- Caleen Keemosn - A young woman, leader of the Bashhrn army's main force. She also joins the search for Tika's parents. Makes her appearance in -Twin Eclipse-.
- Recoro - An AI that supports Tika. Makes its appearance in -Twin Eclipse-.
- Welch Vineyard - A curious girl, who owns a blacksmith on the planet Daftine. Makes her appearance in -Twin Eclipse-.
Square Enix opened a pre-registration campaign for the game[when did it launch?]. If it achieved over 100,000 registrations, a Valkyrie Profile character would join the game, and if it achieved over 200,000, Welch would join the game. As of July 14, 2018, all goals have been met and all prizes awarded.
The game is also hosting two special Login Bonus campaigns: a series 20th Anniversary login campaign to run through the end of July 2018, and a launch campaign to run through August 2018.
Season Two is titled -Twin Eclipse-. According to producer Shuichi Kobayashi, the team has prepared about ten times the volume of Season 1 for the second season. In addition to a fully-voiced scenario with animated scenes, it will have over 10 tracks by composer Motoi Sakuraba. Series recurring, crafting character Welch Vineyard will appear as a key character for the season.
A new "Assist Character" system will be introduced in Season 2. This allows the player to assign an Assist Character to each member in the party. One can activate an "Assist Skill" with an Assist Character at any time during battle. When a party member with an assigned Assist Character performs a Rush Combo, there's a chance they can activate the "Assist Cut-in" to help increase the damage.
Its launch date is expected to be Summer 2018.
- Main article: /Gallery